2015 – 2016
- ACM-W Club Meeting – Wednesday, March 2nd, 6:00pm, in MEC 309. We will work on scholarship applications for the Grace Hopper Celebration conference and discuss upcoming events and officer elections.
- ACM-W Club Meeting – Tuesday, February 2nd, 6:15pm, in MEC 301. At the meeting we will be discussing upcoming events for the semester.
- Volunteering for the Engineering & Science Festival – Saturday, February 6th, 9:00am – 4:00pm, BSU Engineering Building, Room 238. ACM-W and CS Club members volunteered for the Engineering & Science Festival by teaching programming using Star Wars, Frozen, and Minecraft games from https://code.org/learn.
- Hour of Code Volunteering – The week of December 7th. Members volunteered at Garfield Elementary School. We used programming tutorials from the code.org/learn website to teach the students. More information on the Hour of Code can be found at the following links:
- ACM-W Club Meeting – Wednesday, November 18th, 7:15pm, in MEC301. At the meeting we will share some experiences from the Grace Hopper Conference and will be discussing the upcoming Hour of Code Event.
- CODEGIRL Movie Screening – Thursday, November 5th, 6:00-8:00pm, in the Student Union Building Bishop Barnwell Room.Join high school-aged girls from around the world as they try to better their community through technology and collaboration in this thrilling, heartfelt documentary. Find more info at: www.codegirlmovie.com
- Big Dream Movie Screening – Tuesday, September 29th, 6:00-8:30pm, in the Student Union Building Hatch Ballroom. Following will be a panel discussion.
Big Dream is a film underwritten by Microsoft which follows seven young women who are breaking barriers and overcoming personal challenges to follow their passion in science, math, computing & engineering. From small town Iowa to the bustling streets of the Middle East, this 90 minute film immerses viewers in a world designed by and for the inspiring the next generation of girls. More on the film at http://www.bigdreammovement.com/.
- First ACM-W Meeting! – Wednesday, September 23th, 7:15pm, in MEC301. At the meeting we will be discussing ideas for events for the year and getting to know each other a little bit better!
- Wednesday, September 9th, 2015 – EASE Event: This event is for freshman to learn about student clubs in engineering. More info can be found here: http://coen.boisestate.edu/advising/ease-event/
- Thursday, August 27th, 2015 – Student Involvement Fair: Come join us as we spread the word about the ACM-W and recruit more members! More info can be found here: http://getinvolved.boisestate.edu/involvement-fair/
- July 25th, 2015 – Hike: Members enjoyed a hike in Dry Creek Canyon on Bogus Basin road.
2014 – 2015
- June 12th & 13th, 2015 – E-girls: Members volunteered for 2015 E-girls, an engineering camp for high school girls, by teaching programming using AppInventor and Processing.
- April 23rd, 2015 – Develop.Idaho: ACM-W members attended Develop.Idaho which is a conference put on by the Idaho Technology Council.
- March 21st, 2015 – Boise Code Camp: Members attended Boise Code Camp which is a free event for developers, hardware geeks, and the curious to come and learn from their peers.
- February 7th, 2015 – STEM Exploration 2015: ACM-W participated in STEM Exploration 2015 at Boise State. The theme was Programming with Blockly for ages 8 to Adult.
- January 28th, 2015 – Confidence & Leadership Workshop: held by the Student Involvement and Leadership Center and the Women’s Center at Boise State.
- December 9th, 10th & 11th, 2014 – Hour of Code: Members volunteered at Gateway Elementary School. We used Blockly to teach students program. Hour of Code was designed to recruit students to try one hour of computer programming during Computer Science Education Week December 8-14, 2014.
- October 8-11th, 2014- Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing: 7 ACM-W members attended the World’s Largest Gathering of Women Technologists. It is produced by the Anita Borg Institute and presented in partnership with ACM.
- October 6th, 2014- Resume Workshop: Members reviewed resumes to use at the career fair.
- June 14th, 2014- Hike: ACM-W members enjoyed a hike in Dry Creek Canyon on Bogus Basin road.
2013 – 2014
- June 13th, 2014- E-girls: Members volunteered for 2014 E-girls, a coding camp for high school girls.
- April 9th, 2014 – Panel Discussion: was organized in association with SWE (Society of Women Engineers). 8 women from local engineering companies and 3 CS women attended the panel.
- April 5th, 2014 – Boise Code Camp: is a free event for developers, hardware geeks, and the curious to come and learn from their peers.
- February 15th, 2014 – Idaho Ice World Event: Officers, members along with the company of some faculty members enjoyed a day of Ice Skating in Idaho Ice World.
- February 1st, 2014 – STEM Exploration 2014: ACM-W Participated in STEM Exploration 2014 at Boise State. The theme was Programming with Blockly for ages 8 to Adult.
- December 10th & 12th, 2013 – Hour of Code: at White Pine Elementary School with 3rd and 4th graders and River Valley Elementary with 3rd graders. We used Blockly to teach students program. Hour of Code was designed to recruit 10 million students to try one hour of computer programming during Computer Science Education Week December 9-15, 2013.
- November 15th, 2013 – Leadership Workshop: held by the Student Involvement and Leadership Center and the Women’s Center at Boise State.
- October 19th, 2013 – Movie Night at Eileen Barber’s house. ACM-W members watched Top Secret Rosies: The Female Computers of WWII and ate delicious Indian food.
- September 12th, 2013 – EASE College of Engineering event: ACM-W participated in a scavenger hunt.
- April 26th, 2013 – Technical Interview Skills Panel and Workshop: Representatives from Keynetics, HP, and Clearwater Analytics answer questions about interviews and conduct one-on-one mock interviews with ACM-W members.
- March 2nd, 2013 – Matrix Movie Night at Eileen Barber’s house and a delicious dinner at Mongolian BBQ.
- February 2nd, 2013 – STEM Exploration Day: ACM-W lead an Alice workshop to Boise community. (http://www.alice.org/).
- January 9th, 2013 – ACM-W gets approved by Student Involvement and Leadership Center!