College of Engineering Advisors
For General Advising Questions – Our Peer Advisors can answer many of your advising questions. Drop by or select an advising appointment time ONLINE.
- Electrical Engineering: Diana Garz
- Mechanical & Biomedical Engineering: Lynn Olson
- Computer Science: Roxanne Stone
- Materials Science & Engineering: Faculty Advisors
- Undecided: Peer Advisors
- Construction Management: Peer Advisors
- Civil Engineering: Peer Advisors
Undecided Students: If you are not sure which undergraduate engineering major to choose, your interim advisor will be Roxanne Stone, Academic Advisor. You can make an appointment to see Roxanne by calling 426.1915 or email her directly to determine an appointment time.
If you already chose an engineering or a related field as your major, please refer to the following list of majors and click on the appropriate link to get specific advising information:
Once you have progressed in your coursework to Sophomore level classes you will be assigned a faculty advisor.
To get specific advising information:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Construction Management
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering
Preparing for an Advising Appointment (with Faculty or the Advising Staff)
- Run a Copy of your Academic Advisement Report from myBoiseState.
- Add classes to your planner.
- Assign classes to the semester you plan to enroll.
- Prepare questions before your advising session.
- Arriving prepared will help you get the most out of your appointment time.
Tips for making the most of your undergraduate academic and career advising
- Talk to your advisor early in your academic career
- Arrange regular meetings and make appointments in advance when possible
- Prepare for your appointments/meetings by reading materials and formulating questions in advance
- Be honest about your circumstances and your skills
- Discuss your academic and career progress openly
- Be realistic about your academic choices and goals
- Make a genuine effort to learn the information provided by your advisor
- Accept responsibility for your educational, career and personal choices