Mobile Menu

Alex Morales – Computer Science

Alex Morales – Computer Science

Image of Alex Morales at the Golden Gate BridgeI was born in Peru and at the age of 16 I moved to Boise and graduated from Borah High School. At the end of high school I almost joined the Air Force; because I wanted to be a pilot (still do). Ultimately, I decided to come to Boise State University.

First I chose International Business as my major because since an early age I wanted to do something related to business. During my freshman year, I realized I needed something more technically challenging and switched to Computer Science. I find Computer Science to be very unique and different as a career.

Image of the Golden Gate BridgeIn summer, 2015 I worked with Prof. Steven Cutchin to create and design a website using WebVR, a JavaScript library that allows you to use 3D graphics, using OculusRift and Google CardBoard. Then, I put all the 3D panoramas we have into the website. Moreover, I traveled with Dr. Cutchin to Redwoods National Park, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas to capture panoramas for the 3D displays.

I also work as a tutor for the Computer Science Department, where I tutor for CS 121, 221, 253, and 321. I enjoy doing this because I realized that I got a lot better at coding since I took my first computer science course and I feel good helping people.

Image of Alex Morales with his soccer team, BYTE MERegarding my hobbies, I play DOTA2 whenever I have time and of course I play soccer every week alongside fellow Boise State College of Engineering students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends. Our team, BYTE ME, actually won the league championship in August, 2015!

This entry was posted in COEN Student Spotlights. Bookmark the permalink.