Evan Rust – Mechanical Engineering

Evan Rust – Mechanical Engineering

Image of Evan Rust with one of his friends in ChinaEvan Rust (Mechanical Engineering graduate and Top Ten Scholar, 2014, now an engineer at NIST, Maryland): Studying in Chengdu, China was hands down the most educational experience I had while completing my undergraduate degree.

Though I didn’t take any engineering courses while I was there, the new perspectives I gained about different cultures have fundamentally changed my worldview. What would typically be a simple task of ordering food at a restaurant became a complicated ordeal of hand waving and confused looks. Even navigating a cell phone menu became an interesting exercise of trial and error.

I developed long lasting friendships, experienced things I could never have imagined, and gained a dangerous desire to keep exploring our world and everything that it has to offer.

If any students are even slightly interested in studying abroad I STRONGLY recommend you do whatever possible to make it happen, because you have no idea what you are missing.

Image of food Evan Rust ate in ChinaImage of Evan Rust in front of the Great Wall of China

This entry was posted in StudyAbroad. Bookmark the permalink.