Justina Freilich – Materials Science and Engineering

Image of Justina FreilichMy name is Justina Freilich and I am a sophomore in the Materials Science and Engineering program. I was born in California and moved to Kuna, Idaho in 2004. I graduated from Kuna High School in 2014 and decided to attend Boise State University to further my education and gain some real world experience to help me in my future career. I am a National Science Foundation Scholar.

At the end of my freshman year at BSU, I began working in a Materials Science research lab on campus under Dr. Peter Mullner studying magnetic shape memory alloys. It has been an incredible experience and I plan on continuing as an undergraduate research assistant in Professor Mullner’s lab until I graduate. Being able to learn in the lab alongside normal in-class learning has been invaluable to my college experience so far.

Image of Justina Freilich with a snake on her leg Image of Justina Freilich paddle boardingOutside of school and work, I enjoy Stand Up Paddle Boarding and spending time with my ball python, George. I also enjoy going on rafting, backpacking, and rock climbing adventures through Boise State University’s Outdoor Program.

This entry was posted in COEN Student Spotlights. Bookmark the permalink.