Sahil Verma – Mechanical Engineering

Sahil Verma – Mechanical Engineering

Image taken by Sahil Verma titled "Celestial"Hi, my name is Sahil Verma and I am a mechanical engineering major, from New Delhi, India. I selected Boise State University because of the high national ranking of the college of engineering and because of its affordability. “I could feel the difference in air quality when I arrived in Boise,”  when asked for first impressions of Boise .

I lived in the Engineering Residential College my first year, where I met a great community of engineering students and I am on track to graduate in four years. I am pictured in Agra, India, visiting the Taj Majal the summer after my freshman year, with my roommate from the ERC together with my parents and sister.Image of Sahil Verma with his family and roommate in front of the Taj Mahal

The summer after my second year at Boise State, I accepted an internship to work for High Energy Engineering in Elko, Nevada, creating algorithms to minimize energy costs for mining companies. While I was in Nevada, I used the opportunity to experiment with photography, with the clear night skies as backdrop. My website, Photo Banshee, features some of my award-winning work.

This entry was posted in COEN Student Spotlights. Bookmark the permalink.