Hayden Quilter – Mechanical Engineering

Hayden Quilter – Mechanical Engineering

Image of Hayden Quilter wearing a car racing helmetMy name is Hayden Quilter and I expect to graduate in 2018. I was born and raised in Boise, Idaho and graduated from Renaissance International Baccalaureate High School and immediately began attending Boise State. I was interested in engineering from a young age and even participated in the Future City Competition in the 7th and 8th grade.

During my sophomore year I was selected by Specialty Plastics and Fabrications to be a Quality Control Intern which gave me real world experience within the industry as well as technical knowledge that I hope to apply after I graduate.

My love of cars and automotive engineering really sparked my drive for the mechanical engineering field and I have combined my passion for engineering and automotive performance into one through my love of drag racing and classic car restoration. I began drag racing in high school and fell in love with the challenges and rewards of re-engineering older classic cars to compete with newer more advanced cars. Currently I am in the middle of restoring my 1978 Pontiac Firebird Formula pictured below and using it in drag racing and auto-cross racing events. It has been a dream of mine to eventually work as an engineer for a performance car company such as Hennessey or SRT and be part of the next pinnacle automobile in the performance car world.

Image of Hayden Quilter racing his 1978 Pontiac Firebird FormulaImage of Hayden Quilter next to his 1978 Pontiac Firebird Formula

This entry was posted in Student Spotlights. Bookmark the permalink.