Melissa Branagan – MSMSE Undergrad

Melissa Branagan – MSMSE Undergrad

image of Melissa BranaganMy name is Melissa Branagan and I am currently in my third year of my Material Science and Engineering degree. In Spring of 2016, I spent a semester abroad in Haifa, Israel. My time in Israel was the best experience of my life so far! I met so many inspiring people from all over the world. I was able to learn a little of the local language, Hebrew. I experienced Israel’s dynamic culture and delicious food. Best of all, I traveled around the country and saw many ancient, historical sites, as well as rich, modern cities. I neglected my engineering studies, and instead studied Hebrew, Refugee Mental Health, Arab-Israeli Relations, Jewish Philosophy and Green Technologies.

Learning about the societal and technological advances of the Jewish people while in Israel was an indescribable experience. I learned a lot about myself over the course of the semester. The fact that I was able to handle a whole new country for three and a half months on my own made me realize that I can handle any future challenge, whether personal or professional. I am so blessed to have had this opportunity, and I cannot wait until I am able to go back to the country that I feel is now my second home!

This entry was posted in StudyAbroad. Bookmark the permalink.