Camille Eddy Reaching for Success – Mechanical Engineering

Camille EddyAs a fourth-year student in the mechanical engineering program, Camille Eddy is busy with classes, projects and being a champion of student leadership and diversity.

A founding member of the Space Broncos student organization and a participant in NASA’s Microgravity University program, she spent this past summer in California’s Silicon Valley as an intern for Hewlett-Packard and is active in the Maker culture. In March, she was part of a team that competed for the $1 million Hult Prize in San Francisco, Calif.

Somehow, she also manages to squeeze in travel and public events where she talks about space research opportunities, robotics and — her big passion — the importance of diversity in the higher education conversation.

And you thought your schedule was hectic. So why cram so much into each and every day?

“Ever since I was a young girl, if I decided I wanted to do something I would just push and push,” she said. “Some doors closed for me, but others opened.” For example, she knew that one day she wanted to work in Silicon Valley. So she pushed and pushed until that opportunity became a reality with her internship at HP.

Read entire “Camille Eddy Reaching for Success” article

This entry was posted in COEN Student Spotlights. Bookmark the permalink.