The Officers and a few members from last semester had a pre-semester meeting to plan out some events and prepare for the upcoming semester. Here is what we came up with:
- The Boise State University Civil Engineering Club will have there regular monthly meetings on Thursday August 30th at 11:30. All new and returning are welcome. Meetings will tentatively be held once a month on Thursday at 11:30.
- Those who are interested in the regional Steel Bridge Building competition the weekly meeting will be on Thursday nights at 5:30 pm in the HML.
- Those interested in the regional Concrete Canoe Building competition can help decide on a meeting time that works well for the group at our first meeting. (Otherwise plan on meeting Thursday nights at 5:30 pm as well)
- Our first annual Civil Engineering Club camping trip is scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 2nd – Monday, the 3rd. (Some people may be heading up on Sat., the 1st) Rides are available for all who are interested.
- Officers and active members there will be recruiting presentation the first day of classes Monday ~1:40 – 2:30 pending instructor approval. All are welcome to share about their experience with the club and help promote.
We also plan on competing in the Traffic Bowl this fall, and a Skeet shoot held by local Engineering Consulting firms.