The Hutchison Computer Science Scholarship was established in 2007 by Vanessa Hutchison. Mrs. Hutchison generously established the Hutchison Computer Science Scholarship to support students seeking science degrees at Boise State. “I think Boise State has a good program, and it’s an important field of study to support, particularly during a time when people think that computer science jobs are outsourced. In reality, there is an increased need and demand for computer science in Idaho and throughout the United States,” she says. “It’s a good career field, and it has been very good for me; I want young people to have the same opportunity that I did.”
- Registered at Boise State University full-time (12 credits or more)
- Required Major: Computer Science
- Minimum cumulative grade point average: 3.0 for juniors and seniors
- First-year, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior status
- Preferred: Female
- To Apply: You must submit a cover letter (no more than one page in length) and a resume to email@example.com by the Friday of the second full week of April (4/15/2016). This application will qualify you for consideration of this award as well as all other female preferred department scholarships (the Ada Lovelace, Keynetics and Rayner scholarships). For more information, please contact Jordan Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-426-5759.