The deadline to complete the 2017 Boise State University Software Security REU Application has passed.
Thank you for your interest and we hope you’ll consider this program next year!
Who May Apply?
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- Applicants must be in the sophomore or junior year of undergraduate study in computer science, computer and network security, software engineering, information systems, or related areas. Applicants must plan to complete a degree program.
- Applicants must have a research interest in software security, preferably with a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher. However, students with a strong research motivation but a relatively lower GPA are also encouraged to apply.
- Women, minorities, and students from undergraduate institutions are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply?
- Step 1: Submit your application form online.
- Before submitting your application, you should review our research areas and sample projects and think about your research interests.
- If you need to update your submitted application, you will need to submit a new application form.
- Click here to also complete your application form
- Step 2: Submit a copy of the following documents
- College transcript(s) – digital copies can be sent to email@example.com.
- Resume/CV, including information on the following if applicable, fellowships, awards, academic honors, related research work, and list of publications
- One-page essay, including your background, career objectives, research interest and experience, research statement, etc.
- Step 3: Send a letter of recommendation by a faculty from your department.
- The recommender should provide his/her observations of your academic qualifications, research qualifications, personal attitudes (e.g., initiative, maturity, dependability), relationship to you (e.g., faculty advisor) and how long he/she has known you.
- Application materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to the following address:
- ATTN: REU
Department of Computer Science
Boise State University
1910 University Dr.
Boise, ID 83725-2055
All applications will be evaluated by the faculty mentors according to the applicant’s academic background (e.g., courses and GPA), research interest, and quality of the essay. Preferences will be given to minority and female students. There are ten positions each year, five for Boise State and five for other institutions.
Important Dates (for 2017 Summer Program)
- Applications will be reviewed upon submission
- Final deadline for applications will be Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 5:00pm (Central Time)
- Application decision notifications will be sent no later than April 1, 2017
- Summer Program: May 29 – July 29, 2017
- Check-in: May 28, 2017
- Check-out: July 29, 2017