Congratulations on your decision to apply for grad school! You can follow the application guide below to get started. You can also schedule a video chat or telephone call with an admissions counselor.
Each of our PhD students works closely with a faculty mentor. One of the first steps for prospective PhD students is to identify potential faculty mentors. Before beginning an application, serious applicants should:
- Review current research profiles to discover faculty members in preferred research areas.
- Complete a program consultation with potential faculty mentor(s) prior to completing an application.
Prospective applicants who complete a program consultation are also eligible for application fee waivers and priority funding status.
- Navigate to the University’s How to Apply page to complete the University’s application. This process will require:
- Transcripts from all previous institutions
- GRE scores submitted directly to Boise State
- Minimum GRE performance: > 70th percentile
- School code: R4018
- TOEFL or IELTS for international applicants.
- Minimum score for internet-based TOEFL > 80
- Minimum score for IELTS > 6.0
- View language requirements
- Upon completion of an application, return to the Apply Yourself website to submit department-specific application materials:
- CV or resume
- Three or more letters of professional/academic reference
- Two-page statement of teaching/research interest