A master’s degree essential to a successful career in Electrical and Computer Engineering. An advanced degree allows a deeper technical specialization, giving you an edge in your chosen career path and making it easier to change direction in your career as opportunities arise.
The Electrical & Computer Engineering Department at Boise State offers a Master of Engineering program (M.Eng.) designed to develop professional engineers and leaders who understand the technical, economic, and social issues of technology. Our program provides the opportunity to take graduate courses on scientific and technical topics, organized by technical concentrations that match your interests.
Classes are kept small to encourage interaction with your student cohort, your professors and your industry collaborators. These networks are reinforced through career advising and placement, access to alumni and industry connections, and other support. Upon completion, you earn the Master of Engineering degree in ECE, reflecting an integrated understanding of technology, practice, and leadership.
- Identify potential advisors. Review current research profiles to discover faculty members in your preferred research area.
- Complete the University’s application and fulfill all requirements. To get started, click on the big blue “Apply” button to navigate to the Graduate College’s “How To Apply” page. For this process, you will need:
- transcripts from previous institutions
- GRE scores submitted directly to Boise State
- Minimum GRE performance: > 70th percentile
- School code: R4018
- TOEFL or IELTS for international applicants.
- Minimum score for internet-based TOEFL > 80
- Minimum score for IELTS > 6.0
- View language requirements
- Once you have completed your Graduate College Application, you’ll need to submit additional information to Hobson’s to fulfill Department application requirements:
- CV or resume
- Three or more letters of professional reference
- Two-page statement of teaching/research interest
- Application for Assistantship (if desired)