The Master of Science (M.S.) in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Boise State is an advanced degree that provides students with the tools and technical knowledge necessary to work and advance in their professional careers. Our program emphasizes research preparation and experience, providing students with the skills and experience necessary to research and develop new technologies, as well as an excellent foundation for continued study at the doctoral level.
Many of our graduate students participate in (paid) research opportunities. As a graduate student in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, you will have the amazing opportunity to work in one of our research laboratories. These research opportunities provide priceless experience and allow for the application of classroom education to real-world scenarios. Our research laboratories allow you to work in conjunction with faculty members to gain a hands-on understanding of complex topics.
Take an in-depth look at our research profiles to learn more about current programs and opportunities.
- Identify potential advisors. Review current research profiles to discover faculty members in your preferred research area.
- Complete the University’s application and fulfill all requirements. To get started, click on the big blue “Apply” button to navigate to the Graduate College’s “How To Apply” page. For this process, you will need:
- transcripts from previous institutions
- GRE scores submitted directly to Boise State
- Minimum GRE performance: > 70th percentile
- School code: R4018
- TOEFL or IELTS for international applicants.
- Minimum score for internet-based TOEFL > 80
- Minimum score for IELTS > 6.0
- View language requirements
- Once you have completed your Graduate College Application, you’ll need to submit additional information to Hobson’s to fulfill Department application requirements:
- CV or resume
- Three or more letters of professional reference
- Two-page statement of teaching/research interest
- Application for Assistantship (if desired)