OpenFOAM has a range of features to solve anything from complex fluid flows involving chemical reactions, turbulence and heat transfer, to solid dynamics and electromagnetics. It includes tools for meshing, notably snappyHexMesh, a parallelised mesher for complex CAD geometries, and for pre- and post-processing.
Almost everything (including meshing, and pre- and post-processing) runs in parallel as standard, enabling users to take full advantage of computer hardware at their disposal.
- Log into Kestrel
- Module load openfoam
- Type createSLURMscript at prompt
- Select 4 on the main menu for OpenFOAM SLURM Job
- Enter the desired filename for your job (ex: OpenFOAM_job)
- Enter the name of your SLURM job (ex: OpenFoam_job)
- Enter batch for SLURM job
- Enter the desired OpenFOAM solver
- Select 5 on the main menu to exit pbs_create
- Type sbatch <filename> to start your job
- To check on your job progress type squeue