Graduate Certificate – Computer Science Teacher Endorsement – applying for graduation:
- Submit a “Proposed Plan of Study for a Graduate Certificate” (PPSGC) form to the program coordinator (Amit Jain). This form is similar to the Application for Admission to Candidacy but for graduate certificates.
- After the form is complete and signed, the form is submitted to the Graduate College by the program coordinator
- Once the form is approved, the graduate college will send the student and registrar an email indicating it was approved then student can apply for graduation
- Time of Submission: The student should submit the PPSGC form prior to the graduation application deadline.
- Here is the link to the PPSGC form
- Proposed Plan of Study (Blank form)
- Proposed Plan of Study (Basic information filled in)
- NOTE: The student need only take two of the following three elective courses (CS 321, CS 516, and CS 517)
- Select “Certificate Computer Science Teacher Endorsement” as the Graduate Program
Masters of Arts in Education Curriculum & Instruction or MS in STEM Education with Computer Science Emphasis – applying for graduation:
NOTE: Students in the Masters program should also apply for the Graduate Certificate as they have earned both. The graduate certificate lists the CS Teacher Endorsement. If you were admitted directly into the Masters program, you will need to apply for the Graduate Certificate: Computer Science Teacher Endorsement in the Hobson’s system to obtain the Graduate Certificate as well as the Masters. Important: Please be sure to apply for the Graduate Certificate program before you apply for graduation in the masters program.
- A students project or thesis need to complete their portfolios in TaskStream – contact your graduate advisor if you have questions.
- Apply for Application for Admission to Candidacy the semester before you plan to graduate
- Click on this link for Graduate Forms and Guidelines and search for the candidacy form
- Submit an “Application for Admission to Candidacy” form to Graduate Admissions and Degree Services for the graduate degrees to be awarded.
- Apply for graduation in the semester you are graduating:
- The deadlines for the Application for Candidacy and Graduation Application can be found in the Academic Calendar. At the bottom of the calendar page you will find a URL titled “… Academic Calendar and Session Deadlines”. Expanding the Fall 2018 deadlines as an example shows:
- The deadline of April 9th is the last day to submit Application for Admission to Candidacy form to Graduate Admission and Degree Services for graduate degrees to be awarded in December 2018.
- The deadline of August 24th is the last day to apply for graduation for graduate and undergraduate degrees and certificates to be awarded in December 2018.
- NOTE: Please verify the dates for the semester you plan to graduate as these have changed from semester to semester.