Teachers are key to the IDoCode program’s success. As such, Boise State University will fully fund tuition for teachers accepted in the Graduate Certificate – Computer Science Teacher Endorsement program (as long as the grant supporting this program hasn’t finished). Selected students may be invited to apply for the Masters in STEM Education (Computer Science Emphasis) but funding may not be available for the masters.
Classes are planned to fit into a teachers’ schedule with classes beginning after 4:30 pm as well as being offered during the summer after 1pm. Classes for the first cohort began Fall 2014, with a new cohort each summer. The next cohort is planned to start Summer 2017 with an .
Apply online at the Graduate Admissions web site.
- The programs are listed as:
- “Computer Science GC” for the Graduate Certificate – Computer Science Teacher Endorsement.
- “Education-STEM Education-MS” for the MS in STEM Education with Computer Science emphasis program.
- The MS in STEM Education with CS emphasis is nearly at capacity as of the summer 2015. Please contact Amit Jain or Ernie Covelli to determine if the program is accepting applicants at this time or apply to the Computer Science Graduate Certificate program.
- The MS STEM is lead by the Education College. Refer to their web site for additional application details: STEM Education Graduate Program
- Please enter “Computer Science” in the “STEM-Field of Focus” field.
- A GRE exam is not required for this program.
- NOTE: The online application will walk you through the process. Your information is saved so you can begin the process now and complete it at a later time.
- For status of your application, log in to your MyBoiseState account and check your ToDo’s.
- NOTE: Processing of your application takes time, so please ensure you have all admissions materials delivered as part of your application.
- If you have other questions regarding the application or admissions process, you may call the graduate admissions office at (208) 426-3903 or email at email@example.com.
- Transcripts from other universities
- The Graduate Admissions mailing address is: Boise State University, Graduate Admission and Degree Services, 1910 University Drive, Boise, ID 83725-1110.
- Transcripts may be turned in by hand in their original sealed envelopes, or they may be faxed or mailed directly from the originating institution. The fax number is 208-426-2789.
- NOTE: Transcripts can take a while to arrive and process depending on the time of year and the institution. Thus be sure to plan ahead to ensure you have all admission materials submitted to BSU in time for the application deadline.
- Resume – including a statement of intent
- Letter of Recommendation from your school principal or district representative supporting:
- Your effort to obtain Computer Science training.
- And their desire to bring the new NSF Computer Science curriculum into their District or High School.
- A brief interview – Contact Amit Jain to schedule an interview after receipt of your Transcripts, Resume and Letter of Recommendation.