Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu

FAQ – New Candidates

Is there a Computer Science Teacher Endorsement?

The Computer Science Teacher Endorsement has been approved for the Fall 2015.  This approval creates a “Graduate Certificate” for teachers who wish to obtain an SBOE/OSBE endorsement to teach Computer Science in Idaho High Schools. The Boise State University endorsement requires the teacher to successfully complete the 20 graduate computer science credits detailed in the Graduate Certificate in Computer Science Teacher Endorsement program.

I already have a Masters, am I eligible for the Masters of Arts in Education program?

  • Yes, up to 1/3 of the Masters credits may apply from your prior relevant education or computer science coursework.
  • Contact Amit Jain to determine which of your prior Computer Sciences courses are transferable: Amit Jain, (208) 426-3821.
  • Contact Esther Enright to determine which of your prior educational courses are transferable: Esther Enright, (208) 426-1693.
    • NOTE: The education department has a seven year window which spans all coursework required for the masters from the first course to finishing your degree.

Will classes be offered in the afternoon and evenings?

Yes, classes will be scheduled 4:30 or later to accommodate a teachers’ schedule. Classes will also be offered during the summer.

How do I find the textbooks required for my course?

The Boise State Bookstore makes it easy to find the exact textbooks you need for every class. For each class, simply select the Term, Department, Course and Section to see a list of the required and optional texts and materials as specified by your instructor.