The following table provides a brief overview of the new Exploring Computer Science and AP Computer Science Principles course details.
- NEWS: Starting with the 2016-2017 year new teacher endorsement codes were added:
- For academic: “7400 Computer Science“. Refer to the the 2016-2017 Credential Assignment manual.
- For CTE: “6155 Comp Sci/Info Tech 6/12“. Refer to the Idaho Career and Technical Education 2016-2017 Certified Staff Criteria – ISEE documentation.
- Refer to the individual sections on the left panel for more details on the new courses.
- Existing AP Computer Science A course references are provided on the left panel.
ECS and AP CSP Information at a Glance
|Topic||Exploring Computer Science||AP Computer Science Principles|
|Curriculum Available||Download complete ECS Curriculum||AP CSP Framework
AP Launch Fall'16
|Curriculum Abstract||ECS Abstract link||CSP Abstract link|
|Detailed Curriculum||ECS Curriculum link||CSP Curriculum link|
|Target Student||Grades 9-12||Grades 10-12|
|Teacher Qualification and Assignment Codes:||ISEE link|
|Teacher training for "elective" credit||Recommend:|
code.org ECS workshop
CS 501 and CS 503
code.org CSP workshop
|Teacher training for "core" credit||NA||MS STEM Ed CS or CS Teacher Endorsement|
|Course Offering||District approval process required or course offered through IDLA||District approval process required or course offered through IDLA|
|Concurrent Enrollment course @ BSU||NA||CS 101|
|Concurrent Enrollment Teacher Qualification||NA||Instructor approved by BSU through application process|