This document provides instructions for installing the HP RGS Receiver client and the Leostream connect client software packages. These applications make it possible for users to access the College of Engineering Remote Access Lab.
Follow the next 5 steps to download, install and configure the client software necessary to connect to the remote lab machines. Steps 1 through 4 are a one-time configuration process for access.
- A high-speed internet connection
- Mac OSX El Capitan or higher
- The Leostream Agent is a Java application that requires JRE 1.7, or higher
- A graphics card with a minimum of 1GB of memory
- A Minimum of 4Gbs of Memory
STEP 1: Downloading the software
- Open a browser window and go to http://coen.boisestate.edu/its/downloads
- In the downloads page at the bottom under “Remote Apps” click the “Remote Lab Clients for MacOSX” link.
- Once saved, from your computer, navigate to the location of where you saved the file and extract the contents of the archive.
STEP 2: Install the HP RGS Software
- When the files have been extracted from the archive, double click the file called “HP RGS receiver.pkg”:
- Running this file should begin the installation for the HP RGS Software. Click ‘Continue’ on the first screen:
- License Agreement: Click ‘Continue’ and accept the license agreement when prompted:
- Click the ‘install’ button to continue and enter in your authorization credentials:
- Once the installation completes click the ‘Close’ button:
STEP 3: Install the Leostream Connect client
- Run the file called “LeostreamConnectJava-18.104.22.168.jar”:
- Click ‘Next’ on the welcome screen:
- On the license agreement window select “I accept…” and click ‘Next’:
- Leave the default selection as is and click ‘Next’ again:
- In the installation directory leave the default entry and click ‘Next’:
- In the next screen, uncheck the “Enable auto-detection of broker using DNS” and in the textbox below enter in: coen-labgateway.boisestate.edu and click “Next”.
- Click the ‘Next’ button to confirm your selections and install the application.
- When the application install completes it should give you a window like the one below:
STEP 4: Configuing the Leostream Connect client
- Open up the Leostrem Connect application and click the ‘Options’ button located on the bottom left of the window:
- The “Options” window should open up. Click the “Viewers” tab
- In the “Viewers” tab ensure that in the textbox beside ‘RGS’ you enter in the path to your RGS application. The normal application path should be: /applications/HP RGS receiver.app/Contents/MacOS/HP RGS Receiver You should be able to use the ellipsis “…” button on the right to navigate to the RGS application. Click ‘OK’ and go back to the login window
STEP 5: Login using the Leostream Connect client
- Open up the Leostrem Connect application. Make sure to enter in your credentials follows: boisestate\broncowebusername and then enter in your broncoweb password.
- Click ‘Login’ and you should be able to see the clients attempting to connect and finally establishing a connection with the remote desktop:
- If you wish to log off the remote machine simply select the logoff option from the start menu on the remote system:
- This will should close to the connection to the remote machine and return you to your physical computer’s desktop.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQs area.