As of Fall 2014, the Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering Department has 752 students enrolled.
- We will graduate 98 Mechanical Engineering majors in 2014.
- This year, ME faculty members have been part of research awards from the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, and Department of Energy totaling $11,500,000.00.
Our department prepares students for the rewards and challenges of a career in the multi-faceted field of mechanical and biomedical engineering. The curriculum was carefully developed with input from engineering professionals to provide a sound foundation in basic engineering while enabling students to specialize in diverse topics such as machine design, thermal systems, robotics, materials science and product and systems design.
Your degree choice is an exciting first step in your career. We take your engineering education very seriously. Here are a few of the ways that our students continue to demonstrate excellence:
Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam pass rate among the nation’s highest, with an overall pass rate above 94%.
- Numerous student awards and recognitions, including Idaho Innovator of the Year, ASME National Student of the Year, many Top Ten Scholars, and University Valedictorian.
- Students enjoy national and international internships at top companies, such as Hewlett-Packard, Micron, and Boeing, as well as companies in Switzerland and Germany.
- Students are employed worldwide, pursuing their careers at many excellent local, national, and international engineering companies in Idaho, across the nation, and in Europe, the Middle East, and South America.
- In addition to pursuing their graduate education at Boise State, our students further their education at Penn State, University of Michigan, University of Texas, and other excellent graduate programs in the US and abroad.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Have questions about your undergraduate program?
24 Small Business Guide to Intellectual Property with USPTO
25 Career Fair - 9AM – 3PM, Jordan Ballroom
25 Graduate and Professional School Fair - 9AM-3PM, Hatch Ballroom
28 OPERATIONS – Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (Boise State Students Only)
1 ASME Scholarship Deadline
3 Major Madness 11AM-2PM, Hatch
6 Last day for final thesis defense for degrees to be awarded in May
6 Deadline to submit for Undergraduate Research Conference
12 Intermountain 3D Grand Opening Event
20 Last day to drop with a W or completely withdraw
23-27 Spring break – no classes
The B.S. program in mechanical engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org