Mechanical EIT/Mechanical Designer
We are currently seeking a motivated Mechanical EIT/Mechanical Designer with excellentskills to join our MEP consulting engineering firm. As an experienced designer, it would be beneficial that the candidate would have the basic knowledge of MEP systems and design. This candidate must be able to manage their time to meet project budgets and have great communication skills for the day to day work of projects.
The majority of the work involves MEP Coordination for new commercial buildings. Candidate will be responsible for drawing setups, layer and line type settings to draft portions of a project and coordinate with the designer and Project Manager on multiple projects. Depending on workload and on-going projects, position will require a switching between multiple projects.
Position will include drafting of MEP systems. Candidate will be responsible for reporting to the BIM Manager on project status and shall be able to complete drawing setup and production of fab plans. Complete sketches as needed and deliverables for project quality control.
- BIM Modeling for specific design discipline.
- Work under direction of design professional and BIM Job Captain.
- Ensure construction documents accuracy based on discipline BIM Modeling.
- Collaborate and Coordinate with other disciplines design-changes and model challenges.
- Adhere to BIM Execution Plan and BIM project workflow criteria.
- Follow BIM content standards and development procedures.
- May take the lead on developing some discipline specific BIM modeling content for project.
- Print drawing sets for professional team and participate in discipline reviews.
- Prepare own discipline model and/or content for BIM Coordination Meetings.
- Ability to export DWF and other formats for collaboration internally and externally.
- High level of communication and good writing skills.
- Leveraging BIM software and tools as a methodology to coordinate design documentation.
- Technical certification or Associates Degree in related field from an accredited technical institution
of drafting or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with Revit strongly preferred but, not required. Must have 3D experience with
- Shall be able to produce fabrication plans from coordination BIM model.
- Knowledge of industry codes is a plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products required.
- Medical, Dental Insurance – Co Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 2 weeks paid vacation and 10 days of paid holidays
- Base Pay: Depending on Experience
- Employment Type: Full time
Please send resume and cover letter in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org.