Position: Manufacturing Engineer Intern
Reports to: Manufacturing Director
Location: Boise, ID
There is an ever pressing need for transporting goods across and around our country. Western Trailers is the premier trailer manufacturer in the Northwest. We build custom trailers for small and large customers all over the country. Each trailer is treated like it is our own trailer. We focus on quality by providing the best tools and processes to our employees. Over the last 50 years we have grown substantially. We continue to invest in our future growth by continuously improving our processes. If you believe you can grow with us and be part of something bigger than yourself, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
The 2019 Summer Internship Program is for students enrolled in major fields of study that align with full-time employment opportunities at Western Trailer. Students may enter the program during undergraduate or graduate studies. The majority of our internship experiences are offered in the summer months, usually lasting 13 weeks. Potential duties could include:
- Provide support and basic trouble shooting for current operations. Investigate, gather and analyze data for specifically assigned, recurring tasks.
- Implement new manufacturing processes and technology.
- Develop and implement plans to support lean manufacturing scope. Design operations layouts to improve material flow and material presentation.
- Establish routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs.
- Identify and implement cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas.
- Fabrication, Machining and Components
What Skills You Need
- Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Senior pursuing a Master’s Degree in Ag Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Weld Engineering or related degree.
- Desired cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Minimum cumulative GPA required of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
Location, location, location! The internship is located in Boise, ID., so you must be willing to relocate domestically.
Work Statement: US Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
What You’ll Get
At Western Trailers, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
Western Trailers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. Western Trailers hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.