Considering summer classes? Registration opens in one week on 2/19/19 at 12:01 am.
My.BoiseState.edu has been updated with the current summer class offerings for 2019. However, note that this list can change, including the cancellation of summer classes if minimum enrollments are not met prior to classes starting. So plan accordingly when you enroll for fall 2019 in March or April, just in case your summer class is canceled. If you are thinking about taking ENGL 102, UF 200 or an online class FH, FA, or FS over the summer, you are not alone! Every major at Boise State needs these courses and there are a limited number of online seats, so don’t delay enrolling!
Consider taking classes outside of Boise State in the summer? Check the Boise State Transfer Equivalency Guide and work with your adviser for locating additional classes outside Boise State. For Mechanical Engineering students, review the Department Transfer policy and note that 300 level ME courses can’t be taken outside of Boise State, and pre-approval is required to take the following courses outside Boise State: CS 117, ENGR 120/130/210/220/240, Math 175/275/333/360/361, ME 105/271, MSE 245 or PHYS 212, even if posted on the Boise State Transfer Equivalency Guide.
There are several summer sessions (see image below). While you can take a course and the next sequence course (ENGL 101 and ENGL 102) both in the same summer, they can’t be taken at the same time. A permission number will be required from the instructor or department to enroll in the 2nd course, and only in the following session. Also note that some courses are only offered in 1 session (ie, PHYS 211 in 1st 7 week, PHYS 212 in 2nd 7 week).
Summer Financial Aid Timeline
See https://financialaid.boisestate.edu/handbook/apply-for-aid/summer/ and note the timeline below to request add for summer. Typically you need to be enrolled in 6 credits to be eligible for most summer aid.
Summer 2019 Dates and Deadlines
Review the SUMMER 2019 ACADEMIC CALENDAR for complete information.
|Feb. 19, 2019||Summer session registration begins|
|March 8, 2019||Priority date to submit the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for summer aid. If you submit your FAFSA after this date, we can’t guarantee your application will be processed in time to award summer financial aid.|
|March 19, 2019||Earliest date that you can request summer loans and check eligibility via MyBoiseState > Student Center > Finances > Requeste Summer Loans.|
|April 4, 2019||Recommended deadline to finalize your summer schedule|
|mid-April, 2019||Earliest summer financial aid is awarded. Notifications of awarding will be sent to your BroncoMail.|
|June 11, 2019||Summer Census Date: All credits are locked in by this deadline to be considered for summer Pell Grant and Direct Loans (federal student aid).|
|Two weeks before classes end or July 15, 2019 (whichever date is earlier)||Deadline to request summer loans|
Requesting Summer Financial Aid
Submit the 2018-2019 FAFSA by March 8, 2019. There are two FAFSA versions available – confirm you have submitted the one for the 2018-2019 aid year. (You will submit the 2019-2020 FAFSA for next fall 2019, spring 2020 and summer 2020.)
- Finalize your summer class schedule. Summer registration begins February 19. Finalize your schedule by mid-April if possible. Classes for Pell Grant and Direct Loan consideration must be added by June 11, 2019.
- Monitor your Student Homepage for Holds or To Do items that could prevent summer aid awarding or disbursement.
- Log into my.BoiseState.edu
- Check your internet setting to allow pop-up screens
- Select the Student Homepage tile
- Select the Financial Aid tile
- Select the 2019 Aid Year for summer aid
- Select the “Request Summer Loans” link to check your eligibility and to request federal unsubsidized or subsidized loans.Screenshot showing how to access Summer Loans Request
- A new To Do item will appear on your Student Center within 24 hours that says “18-19 Summer Loan Request”. This means your request was successful and your aid is being processed.
- The Pell Grant will be automatically awarded within 3 weeks of registering for your classes if you are eligible.
- You’ll receive an email notification that your aid is awarded. Visit the Financial Aid tile to accept, decline, or reduce your loans. Your Pell Grant is automatically accepted on your behalf.
For questions or more information
Lynn Olson, PE
Academic Advising Coordinator
Boise State University College of Engineering
Phone: (208) 426-2686
Mail: 1910 University Drive, Boise ID 83725-2065
Location: Charles P. Ruch Engineering Building Room 101, 1375 University Drive, Boise ID, 83706
Web: coen.boisestate.edu/advising/ and coen.boisestate.edu
Schedule Appointment here