Engineering Internship Summer 2019 Mechanical
Full Time Yes
Electroimpact is seeking approximately 6 Mechanical Engineering students to join our team as a summer intern assist with a range of tasks on projects including composite lamination and robotic systems. At Electroimpac engineers are directly responsible not only for the design of the machines but also assembly, testing, shipping installation, and final commissioning at the customer’s site. Ideal candidates should be mechanically inclined, willing to learn, and ready to work.
As a student intern, you will work directly with the responsible engineer. In this position, you will gain hands-on experience working to assemble our machines and tools with technologies such as servo-drives, ball screws, scale feedback, load cells, linear rail, and pneumatic sub-systems. You may learn how to use any or all of our metrology tools, hand tools and power tools as well as interacting with our SolidWorks and/or CATIA design software and our Keytech PDM system.
To qualify to apply for this position you must be:
- Able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
- Able to lift 30 lbs. to waist height frequently during the day
- Have full manual dexterity in both hands
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering from a U.S. ABETaccredited engineering program
- A U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien, or a Canadian Citizen
- Able to furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Able to work flexible hours and overtime when needed
Minimum Physical Requirements
Applicants should be able to lift 30 lbs. to waist height frequently during the day and have full manual dexter both hands.
Applicants should be pursuing an undergraduate degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering from a U.S. ABET-accredited engineering program.
This is a variable hour, seasonal, hourly position without medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, or retirement benefits. Wages are on a scale reflecting your progression through your engineering program.
Applications for this requisition #10178 will be accepted until midnight March 13, 2019, or until sufficient applications have been received. We look forward to hearing from you!
For more information on Electroimpact or these internships, contact Aaron Grover at email@example.com