The AERO Specialties Mechanical Engineering Intern is responsible for supporting new product development, customer-specific products, production engineering, and quality initiatives across the organization under the direct supervision of the Engineering Manager. This individual is responsible for ensuring corporate initiatives are met through innovation and development of world-class products and product enhancements while working alongside the Mechanical Engineer and Engineering Manager. 20-
25hrs/week as class schedule allows.
• Play an integrated role with product development teams working on design challenges in our industry.
• Utilize critical problem-solving techniques to solve design and development problems.
• Create 3D CAD models and assemblies (SolidWorks) with supporting documentation.
• Hands-on design experience; Create detailed designs, procure materials, and fabricate concepts/prototypes.
• Utilize good design methodologies to layout design sets, create pros/cons, and appropriate justifications to make strong decisions.
• Design, coordinate, and interpret results from engineering tests and experiments.
• Apply classroom knowledge to real-world design problems.
• Work and communicate effectively as a team member.
• Regularly and reliably work the scheduled shift.
• Support, recognize, define, and solve problems/opportunities within the Factory.
• Support of manufacturing process, including layout and concepts.
• Develop knowledge of Design for Manufacturing (DFM) Guidelines.
• Additional duties as assigned by Management
• The preferred candidate will be a fulltime student of at least junior status currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree program in Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering.
• Experience in Solidworks
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of general drafting practices required. Solid modeling experience preferred (Creo, SolidWorks, etc.).
• Dedication and desire for quality performance.
• Motivated and eager to learn industry concepts.
• Organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills, good organizational skills, self-motivation.
Resumes can be sent to Patrick Beyers directly at Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org.
AERO Specialties, Inc., 11175 W. Emerald, Boise, ID 83713 USA
View the AERO Specialties Company Videos