Conferences, Institutes and Workshops
Professional development, networking and continued education …
Upcoming Conferences and Workshops
- August 9-22: 8th Summer Institute on Sustainability and Energy (application due June 15)
- September 4-7: TERMIS World Congress – Kyoto, Japan
- September 10-12: Conference on Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures and Intelligent Systems – San Antonio, TX
- September 21-22: 10th International Conference & Exhibition on Biosensors & Bioelectronics – Dallas, TX
- September 26-27: 7th International Conference on Biostatistics and Bioinformatics – Chicago, IL
- September 26-27: 7th International Conference on Big Data Analytics & Data Mining – Chicago, IL
- October 1-3: Dynamic Systems and Control Conference – Atlanta, GA
- October 11-13: 7th Annual International Symposium on Regenerative Rehabilitation – Seattle, WA
- October 28-31: 2018 STLE Tribology Frontiers Conference – Chicago, IL
- November 4-7: Internal Combustion Engine Fall Technical Conference – San Diego, CA
- November 4-7: International Offshore Wind Technical Conference – San Francisco, CA
- November 7-8: 6th International Conference and Exhibition on Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering – Atlanta, GA
- November 9-15: International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition – Pittsburgh, PA
- March 20-21, 2019: 2nd International Summit on Conventional and Sustainable Energies – Chicago, IL
- April 23-26, 2019: The Aircraft Airworthiness & Sustainment Conference & The Propulsion Safety & Sustainment Conference
- July 14-19, 2019: ASME 2019 Power Conference and Nuclear Forum – Salt Lake City, UT
The GREEN Program. Short-term, experiential education for our world’s most pressing issues in sustainable development. Offers programs during winter and spring breaks, as well as summer opportunities, in Japan, Iceland, Peru, and more.
American Society of Mechanical Engineers. See their conference and event calendar.
We encourage mechanical engineering students at all levels to take advantage of the many opportunities available to compete in a variety of technical and professional arenas. In addition to gaining valuable engineering experience, you’ll form great connections that you’ll carry forward into your professional life.
- 1st Annual Regenerative Rehabilitation Science Image Competition (deadline: August 31)
- Innovation Showcase (IShow) (entries begin October 2018)
- MindSumo – MindSumo is a platform that provides real company projects for students to help them develop professional skills and valuable experiences for resumes.
- U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon (watch for more information)
- U.S. Department of Energy Collegiate Wind Competition (watch for more information)
- ASME E-Fest West Competitions