Inspire ME is a weekly series of speakers and presentations sharing insight on everything from space exploration to human performance, student experience to internship opportunities, engineering research to engineering practice. Join us each week to hear from local and national researchers, industry professionals, instructors and students.
Our next Seminar
Ready for today’s workforce? Think again! Employers want effective team players–not just technical experts! Join Dr. Janet Mills to experience the essential shift of mind necessary to transform you from individual producer to effective team member. Warning: You won’t be sitting still listening to a lecture. You’ll jump right into hands-on learning.
- January 13 – What Employers Want
Industry Employers Panel from MotivePower, DC Engineering, POWER Engineers, Micron, Rekluse Motor Sports
- January 20 – Engineering Smart Elastic Interfaces
James K. Ferri, Lafayette College
- January 27 – Building things no one wants–how do you know your idea solves a problem worth solving?
Dr. Ed Zimmer And Micah Sandusky, Boise State University
- February 3 – Creativity in Unexpected Places
Dr. Nancy Napier, Boise State University emeritus
- February 10 – Supporting Growth in the Wind Energy Industry
Melissa Elkinton, DNV GL-Energy
- February 17 – No seminar
- February 24 – Orion: an engineering adventure
Mark Baldwin, Lockheed Martin
- March 3 – Sustainability and Materials Science
John Bernardo, Idaho Power
- March 10 – PARC – exploring the history of modern computing
Tim Curley, PARC
- March 17 – A Tour of Chebfun
Nick Trefethen, University of Oxford
- March 24 – Spring Break (no seminar)
- March 31 – Team Work: the essential shift of mind
Janet Mills, Boise State University
- April 7 –
- April 14 – John Everingham
- April 21 – Steve Tennyson
- April 28 – Nick Kempf
- May 5 – Finals (no seminar)
Check out our past seminars! Go to the MBE Facebook page and click on Notes.