The Inspire ME seminar series is geared to providing students in the Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering program (as well as others) access to information and advice from leaders in industry, research, academics and beyond. We are excited to have you as one of our featured presenters this semester.
- Inspire ME is held on Fridays at noon in the Engineering Building, room 110. The set-up is in theater style, seating up to 148 people. Past Inspire ME attendance has ranged from 30 to 90 people.
- Your presentation should be approximately 45 minutes in length, with 15 minutes reserved for questions and answers.
- The speakers’ console includes a desktop PC and ceiling mount dual-screen projection. You may wish to bring a pointer or other presentation aids.
- You are welcome to bring your laptop for the presentation. Please bring any adapters you may need to connect to a standard VGA port.
- Though sponsored by the Department of Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering, Inspire ME is open to the public and your audience will be diverse in terms of level of knowledge and engineering expertise.
In order to effectively promote your seminar, we would appreciate the following information as early as possible before you present. We hope to have our materials and websites ready at least a week prior, so any help you can provide in getting the following to us is greatly appreciated.
- A headshot (good resolution)
- A short bio paragraph
- A paragraph or two describing your presentation
Whenever possible, we record the seminars and make them available on YouTube for students unable to attend. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about our recording your session.
Parking is available in the paved lot adjacent to the Engineering and Technology Building located at 1375 University Drive in Boise. You can either choose metered parking, or pick up a parking pass from the MBE Department office in room 201. See the map for location information.