We encourage our mechanical engineering students at all levels to take advantage of the many internship opportunities available in the public and private sectors, within and beyond the State of Idaho. In addition to gaining valuable engineering experience, you may use your internship experience as a technical or mechanical engineering elective in our curriculum.
- Neuronal Networks in Epilepsy and Memory REU (due February 26, 2018)
- Asia Global Biztech Program: Summer in Taiwan (due March 1, 2018)
- 171219 Terra Nova Technologies [Word]
- Mechanical Engineering Intern – MWH/Stantec – internships in Pennsylvania, Texas, New York, Colorado, California and Washington
- Engineer – Double L Global
- Aerospace/Mechanical Engineer Internship – Tamarack Aerospace (due March 9, 2018)
- Facilities Process Engineer Intern – POWER Engineers
- Internship – Hewlett-Packard
- Engineering Intern – Hewlett-Packard
- Mechanical Engineering Intern – Hewlett-Packard
- Engineering Intern – Process/Packaging – Chiobani
- Summer 2018 CFA Research and Development Intern – ON Semiconductor
- Mechanical Engineering Intern – Nightforce Optics
- Undergraduate internships – Idaho National Laboratory
- Graduate internships – Idaho National Laboratory
- Engineering Internships – SpaceX
What is an internship?
- An arrangement between an organization and a student where service is exchanged for substantive experience.
- A good way for an individual to sample various industries, gain exposure to a variety of processes, work in a professional environment, and create professional networks.
- Interns gain exposure to many aspects of an industry they had not previously considered, creating more options for them in their career planning.
- Positions may be paid or unpaid and are generally of a fixed term.
- While not a given, many interns find employment with the companies where they intern due to the experience they gain.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I find an internship?
- How do I sign up for an internship?
- Will my internships count towards my degree? How many hours of experience are required for three credits of internship?
- What should I put in my final report?
- How do I get my internship grade?
Need more help?
MBE Department Internship Coordinator
Don Plumlee, Ph.D., P.E. (Chair)
MBE Department Office, ENGR 201
Boise State Career Center
Academic and Career Service Building, Room 111