Skip to Main Content
Credit and Hours
Will my internships count towards my degree?
- Students may use a three-credit internship for either a Technical Elective or a Mechanical Engineering Elective.
- Only ME 493 can be used to satisfy a required elective.
- Students may take as many internships as they wish; however, only 3 credits will be counted as an elective towards completion of the BSME degree.
- No more than twelve (12) credits earned in internships 293 and 493 may be used to meet university graduation requirements.
How many hours of experience are required for three credits of internship?
- You can earn one semester credit for 45 hours of engineering work experience during the semester.
- A 3-credit internship requires 135 hours, averaging 9-10 hours per week of engineering work experience during a standard Fall or Spring semester.
- You may be able to work full time during vacations and during summer.