What should I put in my final report?
The report should be a professional document, free of spelling and grammatical errors. It should contain the following elements:
- Description of the organization for whom you worked (How big is the company? What do they produce?)
- Description of your position within the organization (what was a typical day like?)
- Detailed description of one project you worked on (include drawings/charts/data if appropriate)
- Brief closing comments reflecting on your experience and how it reinforced your classroom learning (or not).
- A signature from your supervisor at work.
Reports vary in length, depending on the kind of project you describe, but they are typically 10 to 20 pages long (including cover material, charts, photographs, but not including appendices). Refer to the Internship Evaluation Rubric to be sure you address all of the evaluation points.