MSMSE Planned Course Offerings and Course Descriptions
The Micron School of Materials Science and Engineering strives to provide courses in a coordinated manner to support student success. Review these great resources to help you plan your course schedule in advance:
- Two-Year MSMSE Course Offering Timeline
- MSMSE Course Descriptions
- Elective and Technical Emphasis Options
- Boise State University Course Catalog
Your academic advisor can help you with course planning! Contact your advisor today to discuss your options.
MSMSE Course Plans
Four Year Plans
- 2017-2018 Four Year Plan – Calculus Ready
- 2017-2018 Four Year Plan – Pre-Calculus Ready
- 2016-17 Four Year Plan – Calculus Ready
- 2016-17 Four Year Plan – Pre-Calculus Ready
- 2015-16 Four Year Plan – Calculus Ready
- 2015-16 Four Year Plan – Pre-Calculus Ready
- 2014-15 Four Year Plan – Calculus Ready
- 2014-15 Four Year Plan – Pre-Calculus Ready
- 2013-14 Four Year Plan – Calculus Ready
- 2013-14 Four Year Plan – Pre-Calculus Ready
Other Important Documents
- Core Courses and Diversity Requirement (Catalog Years 2011-12 and Earlier) (PDF)
- Credit for Prior Learning (AP, IB, etc.)
- Disciplinary Lens Courses (Catalog Years 2012-13 and Later)
- Guidelines for Elective Courses
- Internship and Independent Study Guides (PDF)
Course Planning Tools
Boise State offers two great resources to help guide you through your courses. Take a moment to check them out!
Academic Advisement Report (AAR)
The Academic Advisement Report (AAR) is an online interactive tool that tracks your degree progress. This is a customized report that compares your transcripts to the academic requirements of your major and indicates whether you have completed them. This is a great tool to help you track your progress toward graduation.
How to Access Your Personal Academic Advisement Report
The Registrar’s Office provides detailed information about how to access and review your academic advisement report.
Degree Tracker allows you and your advisor to work together to ensure that all of your coursework is planned and completed for timely graduation. You can plan your course schedule from the first semester to graduation day. Create a custom academic plan that fit your needs and timeline. The Smart Planner is preset to show you how you can graduate in four years if you take 15 credits per semester. You can drag and drop your classes into the semesters that work best and or remove semesters to customize your plan.
How to Access Your Personal Degree Tracker
The Registrar’s Office provides detailed information about how to access and use the Degree Tracker. They even include “How-To” videos!
You should definitely check out how these resources can guide you through your academic career. Meeting with your academic advisor will also ensure that you have the best Boise State experience possible.