The Accelerated Master of Science in Computer Science is an exciting opportunity for selected Boise State University undergraduate students in the Boise State Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program. This program allows current Boise State undergrads to work with their CS faculty advisor to select two graduate courses that can be taken during their undergraduate career for application to both Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computer Science degree requirements.
Application and Admission Requirements:
- Completion of at least 75 credits applicable to the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program at Boise State University
- Overall GPA of at least 3.0
- GPA of at least 3.3 in all completed COMPSCI/CS classes
- Submission of application by January 15th of the preceding academic year for those enrolling as graduate students in the fall, August 15th of the preceding summer for those enrolling in the spring.
- Complete this form which will be sent to the graduate coordinator, Dr. Jerry Alan Fails.
- Create an online application at http://graduatecollege.boisestate.edu/howtoapply/. Note that you don’t need to pay the tuition fee because the department will cover it.
- Submit your unofficial transcript.
- Ask a computer science faculty member (i.e., your prospective thesis/project advisor) to submit a recommendation letter through the graduate college application.
NOTE: Applicants are not required to take the GRE test. Students are strongly encouraged to review the graduate catalog before applying.