Finish-in-Four Graduation Guarantee
Boise State University’s Computer Science Department is committed to student success and is excited to be participating in the University’s Finish-in-Four Graduation Guarantee program.
Finish-in-Four Plans by Academic Year
- Academic Year 2018-2019
- Academic Year 2017-2018
- Academic Year 2016-2017
- Academic Year 2015-2016
- Academic Year 2014-2015
- Academic Year 2013-2014
- Academic Year 2012-2013
- Academic Year 2011-2012
- Academic Year 2010-2011
- Academic Year 2009-2010
- Academic Year 2008-2009
About the Program
- Finish-in-Four is designed to encourage and assist students in timely 4-year graduation.
- Freshmen students sign an agreement in order to participate. Find more details in “How to Participate” below.
- Students are assigned an academic advisor who assists with academic planning, course registration, and career guidance.
- Boise State University ensures course availability does not limit the student’s ability to graduate in four years.
- There is no penalty for students that decide to withdraw from the program.
- Boise State University assumes tuition responsibility for required course(s) needed for degree completion if not available as per agreement.
Benefits for Participating Students
- Stay on track academically: The written four-year course plan outlines which classes to take and when so that the degree takes just four years.
- Find an accelerated path into the job market or advanced education: The sooner the degree completed, the sooner the long-term career begins.
- Save money: Additional semesters of classes, especially when taking 12 credits or less, really adds up.
- Experience greater opportunities for educational enrichment: Pre-plan study abroad programs, internships/practica, service learning experiences and summer school enrollment.
- Enjoy a rewarding academic focus: Earning 32 credits a year (summers can be included) and maintaining good academic standing ensures a first-class intellectual experience.
How to participate
Students who wish to pursue the Finish in Four Graduation Guarantee need to complete the following steps:
- Review the agreement located at https://aasc.boisestate.edu/finish-in-four/agreement/ prior to requesting a meeting with an academic advisor.
- Make a list of questions to discuss. Answers to frequently asked questions can be found at https://aasc.boisestate.edu/finish-in-four/faq/.
- Meet with an academic advisor in the Computer Science Department.
- Check your my.boisestate.edu Student Center to find name and contact info for assigned academic advisor.
- If no academic advisor has been assigned, contact the Department office at 208-426-5766 for more information.
- Develop a four-year plan with help from an assigned academic advisor
- Complete the plan and sign the agreement
- Both the student and the advisor must sign the agreement.
- Both the four year plan and the agreement must be sent to:
Advising and Academic Support Center
Simplot/Micron Advising and Success Hub