Inspire ME is a weekly series featuring local, regional and national researchers, industry professionals, instructors and students sharing insight on everything from space exploration to human performance, student experience to professional development, engineering research to engineering practice.
Our next Seminar
Need a car? Let me print you one!
Additive manufacturing is involved in everything from microchips to home construction to spare parts in space. Every industry is being touched by this evolving technology. So what are your AM options today? What level of manufacturing are you bound to encounter, and what skills should you prepare to use in your career?
Thursday, March 22, 2018
1:30 – 2:30 PM
- January 18 – Should I be my own boss?
Kim Sherman-Labrum, Idaho Small Business Development Center
- January 25 – Networking strategies for success
Employer panel: Hewlett-Packard, POWER Engineers, Fiberguide Industries
- February 1 – Systems Engineering
Layne Lewis, Willowview Consulting
- February 8 – Emerging materials and technologies for biomedical engineering at Boise State University
Dave Estrada and Gunes Uzer, Boise State University
- February 15 – Virtual Renegades: Exploring your future in a new frontier
Rich Reavis, Black Box VR
- February 22 – Bioelectronic Medicine and StimDust: A Miniaturized Wireless Peripheral Nerve Stimulator
Dr. Ben Johnson, Boise State Electrical and Computer Engineering
- March 1 – Next Generation of Cyber-Physical Systems and Industrial Control Systems
Dr. Hoda Mehrpouyan, Boise State Computer Science
- March 8 – The Fine Art of Small Talk: how to engage in meaningful conversations
Laura Chiuppi, College of Business and Economics
- March 15 – Thermal conductivity measurements of alternative energy sources
Courtney Hollar, PhD student – University of Idaho
- March 22 – Additive Manufacturing in the 21st Century
Brian Hoffman, Intermountain 3D
- March 29 – Spring Break – no seminar
- April 5 – Because No One Should Have to Crawl
George Hage, Free Wheelchair Mission
- April 12 – Dr Matthew Esmaeili, ArtiCares
- April 19 – Dr. Stefan Judek, Stony Brook University
- April 26 – No speaker. Check out the Senior Design Showcase that afternoon!
- May 3 – Finals Week – no seminar