Inspire ME is a weekly series featuring local, regional and national researchers, industry professionals, instructors and students sharing insight on everything from space exploration to human performance, student experience to professional development, engineering research to engineering practice.
Our next Seminar
Should I be my own boss?
Engineers are excited by the opportunities to create new products and solve new problems. But should you jump right into working for yourself? Or is joining an established business a better option. Join Kim Sherman-Labrum from the Idaho Small Business Development Center in exploring the pieces that go into running a small business. Whether you are an entrepreneur taking on design work or joining a small firm that is still growing, understanding what it takes to operate will help you be a success. Read more about our next seminar here.
Thursday, January 18, 2018
1:30 – 2:30 PM
- January 18 – Should I be my own boss?
Kim Sherman-Labrum, Idaho Small Business Development Center
- January 25 – Networking strategies for success
Employer panel: Micron, Hewlett-Packard, Quality Thermistor Inc., POWER Engineers, Fiberguide Industries
- February 1 –
- February 8 –
- February 15 –
- February 22 – Dr. Ben Johnson, Boise State Electrical and Computer Engineering
- March 1 – Resilient complex engineered systems
Dr. Hoda Mehrpouyan, Boise State Computer Science
- March 8 –
- March 15 –
- March 22 –
- March 29 – Spring Break – no seminar
- April 5 –
- April 12 –
- April 19 – Dr. Stefan Judek, Stony Brook University
- April 26 –
- May 3 – Finals Week – no seminar