Boise State Funded Scholarships and Financial Aid
Boise State University offers scholarships and financial aid to a wide variety of students. The College of Engineering also has money to be distributed to both new and continuing students. These funds, under the control of the College of Engineering, are generally awarded based on scholastic achievement. In order to apply for either Boise State University funds or College of Engineering funds, go to the Boise State Scholarship Application.
The monies are awarded for the following school year.
MBE Service Scholarships
The Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering Department has a few Service Scholarships available to undergraduate students that have a distinguished academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA) and can demonstrate excellence in leadership, community service, and/or school activities (e.g. student clubs, organizations, research.) To apply for a scholarship, please go to the Boise State Scholarship Application.
A variety of professional and private sources offer scholarships to engineering students. They may be based on academic, economic, ethic, civic, service or other criteria.
- SWE scholarships Program (due February 15 for Sophomore and above; due May 1 for Freshman)
- A.O.E. National Foundation Scholarships (due February 15, 2018)
- Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund (due March 1, 2018)
- American Society of Naval Engineers Scholarships (due March 2, 2018)
- Disabledperson National Scholarship Competition (due March 16, 2018)
- UNCF Intel Scholarship Program (due March 18, 2018)
- AISES A. T. Anderson Memorial Scholarship (due March 31, 2018)
- SVA Raytheon Patriot Scholarship (due April 10, 2018)
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship (due April 15, 2018)
- Women in STEM Academic scholarship (due April 15)
- STEM Major Scholarship for Graduate Diversity Students (due April 20, 2018)
- WomenIn Scholarship (due April 30)
- Randy Pausch Scholarship (due April 30)
- Mark Beaumont Scholarship (due April 30)
- BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Education Scholarship (launches May 2018)
- Women in Engineering Empowerment Scholarship (due Aug. 1, 2018)
- IBM Master the Mainframe contest (opens in September 2018)
- ASHRAE Scholarship Opportunities (due December 1)
You can research scholarship info at many online sources, including the following sites:
- Scholarships.com – ME
- The 61 Best Engineering Scholarships
Fellowships are similar to scholarships, but primarily (though not exclusively) targeted t0o graduate students. While scholarships are generally based on past performance, fellowships frequently target future work, study, research and professional development of the recipient. All fellowships are grants and do not need to be repaid.
- Selected Professions Fellowships (opens August 1, 2018)
- National Science Foundation’s Graduate Research Fellowship Program (due October 2018)