Program Dates: 10 June through 2 August 2019
There is no cost to RET Program participants! Teachers selected to participate in the RET receive a $650 stipend per week. Housing on the Boise State campus can be provided to a teacher who lives outside of the Treasure Valley and is distributed according to need.
To be eligible to participate in this program, participants must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Current employment as a K-12 teacher
- Availability for full-time research work and other activities Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm from 10 June – 2 August 2019
Applying for the RET in Materials for Energy and Sustainability
Complete the Online Application
The online application requests the following information (which should be assembled prior to starting the application form):
- Contact information
- Employment Information
- Education Information
- Four short essays (each no more than 300 words) that describe the following:
- Why you would like to be involved in this Research Experience for Teachers in Materials for Energy and Sustainability
- What experience you have in science curriculum development
- In what ways you would like to involve scientific research in a classroom setting
- What you think you can contribute to the Research Experience for Teachers in Materials for Energy and Sustainability
Request a Recommendation Letter
Request a recommendation letter from your first line supervisor or school principal. Supervisors can upload RET Recommendation Letters online. Note that the system does not send auto-confirmation of letter submissions. Letters should include comments on the applicant’s potential for mentored science, lab skills, interest in science, motivation, work ethic, etc.
Contact us at email@example.com or call Prof. Rick Ubic at (208) 426-2309.